Alzheimer Scotland's TEC Workshop (PKC Staff Only)
Venue: North Inch Community Campus Date: 20.03.18 Time: 10am - 1pm
Alzheimer Scotland’s Confident Conversations about Technology – ½ day Workshop Sessions
Alzheimer Scotland, in collaboration with the HCS Learning and Development Team at Perth & Kinross Council, is offering free ½ day interactive workshop sessions for P&KC staff throughout March 2018.
Confident Conversations about Technology is a national and local learning programme designed by Alzheimer Scotland and the learning is evidenced through the SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) Open Badges system. Click here to learn more about open badges - https://www.badges.sssc.uk.com/
The learning is intended to raise awareness of developments in technology and to support the acquiring of new skills and knowledge, enabling you to confidently embed conversations about technology into your portfolio of support. You will leave with the digital tools and access to online resources necessary to make a successful, realistic change where you are.
- designed for people who work alongside and have frequent conversations with people living with dementia and families and carers
- to inform and enable practitioners to support people living with dementia, their families and carers when considering technology products and digital services as part of a wider care and support plan
Attendees will -
- get practical and hands on with technology
- hear from people living with dementia actively and effectively using technology and digital solutions to their care and support
- get a national perspective on developments in policy and innovation and be able to see how this is working in a local context (relevant to them)
- continue their learning and development journey online following the event, with access to a discussion forum, resources and support from the Tech Team at Alzheimer Scotland
If you have any questions please contact us on email@example.com
Please visit www.dementiacircle.org to find out more about The Technology Team at Alzheimer Scotland and read about the work we are currently involved with.
To book please click here