Introduction to Linkworking (PKC Staff)
Introduction to Linkworking
This is an introductory course for Perth and Kinross Council staff who will be involved in the support of social work students on placement and are either:
- A new linkworker and taking responsibility for the day-to-day support of a student
- Planning to supervise a piece of work undertaken by a student in their team
- Interested in becoming a link worker in future
- Practice Educators who haven't recently supervised a student but plan to do so in future
This course will include information on:
- The role of the Link Worker
- Social Work training (and the standards in social Education which students need to meet)
- How to plan and organise a practice learning placement
- Our expectations of students on placement
- Gathering feedback for assessment of students' progress
Please note that priority for the February date will be given to those who have student placements already planned within their teams. It will be a small group and an informal, interactive day.
To book please click here
Please be aware we require 48 hours’ notice if you need to cancel your place on this learning session.
If 48 hours’ notice is not given or if you fail to attend on the day, there may be a charge of £50 to your team for non-attendance.
To cancel your booking, please go to www.eventbrite.co.uk.
Alternatively you can contact The Health & Social Care Partnership, Learning and Development Team on 01738 477 828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org