Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 . . .
Date: 10.04.18 Time: 2pm - 4.30pm Venue: North Inch Community Campus, Gowans Terrace, Perth
Welcome to an awareness session on the Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 and the Mental Health (Scotland) Act 2015.
This is an interactive learning session of over 2½ to hours that will require your full participation. This session will help to familiarise anyone working with people with mental health problems or in mental health services with the main provisions of the Act and how the Act impacts on your practice.
This session will support you to:
- Increase your awareness of the Act
- Gain a better understanding of the background, purpose and particular aspects of the Act which are useful to your practice;
- Understand and apply the Principles of the Act when working with individuals with mental health problems;
- Understand the role of a Mental Health Officer (MHO)
- Increase your awareness of the changes that were brought with the implementation of the Mental Health (Scotland) Act 2015 in June 2017.
- The session will also make you aware of upcoming changes to other pieces of legislation that will have an impact on mental health practice.
Contact Details for Trainers:
Stephen Horsburgh - 01250-871540
Linda Grierson - 07880-780592
To book please click here