Online Risks to Children and young people
Date: 15.05.2019 Time: 9:15 - 13:00 Venue: North Inch Community Campus
This course is aimed at staff who wish to raise their awareness of the issues and risks children and young people can experience online; improve understanding of the technologies being used by children and young people and the challenges facing professionals and parents in protecting and educating them; and raise awareness of resources which can be used to support children, young people and parents/carers in supporting safe and responsible online behaviours.
- Multi-Agency Staff and managers in the public, private and third sectors working across Perth & Kinross.
- Frontline staff who have significant direct contact with children and young people; those with a specific responsibly for Child Protection issues as well as those with indirect or occasional working contact with them.
By the end of this course, participants should:
- Staff will have an enhanced understanding of the risks of the online environment for children and young people;
- Staff will have a greater understanding of how to support parents, children and young people in navigating the digital environment safely.
To Apply for a Place
All applications for training sessions must be completed via the following links
- My View for all Internal Perth & Kinross Council Staff - Click Here
- CPD1 Form for External Applications - Click Here
Visit the PKC Child Protection Learning and Development Page to find out about other available learning opportunities and courses.