Shakti Women's Aid: Domestic Abuse and BME Women, Children, and young people
Date: 04.04.2019 ( 9:30am - 4:30pm ) & 05.04.2019 ( 9:30am - 12:30pm )
Venue: Norton Park Conference Centre, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh EH7 5QY
The training program will include:
- The definitions of domestic abuse in Scotland
- How domestic abuse affects women and their families from Black/ Minority Ethnic (BME) communities
- How domestic abuse affects BME children and young people
- The varying understanding of the concept of ‘Honour’ and how this impacts on BME community members experiencing domestic abuse (‘honour’-based abuse)
- Forced marriage and connected issues
- Immigration issues such as women with ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’ status
- Structures and policies existing in Scotland and the UK
The cost is £35 per attendee – you will not pay anything through EventBrite, as you will be asked to pay by invoice closer to the training date. Multiple places can be booked at once.
Please click here to book
We hope to welcome some of you to these unique trainings delivered by our experienced staff.
We are unable to provide lunch, however we are located handily close to several shops, cafes, and supermarkets.
Do get in touch if you have access or other requirements we should be aware of. More information on the venue here: https://www.nortonpark.org/conference-centre/