Essential skills for working with people who use substances (2 days)
Name of the session
Essential skills for working with people who use substances
Description of the course
This training will allow workers to effectively respond to, support and engage with people using drugs and/or alcohol.
ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY 9:30 - 16:30 ON BOTH DAYS.
Who is it for?
This training would be particularly helpful to those who are non-specialist drug workers, or who are new to the substance use field.
What will I learn?
- Identify the key qualities needed to effectively support drug and alcohol users effectively
- The role of non-verbal communication
- Demonstrating the application of key skills for supporting people who use substances including paraphrasing and active listening
- Key techniques to apply when working with drug and alcohol users
- Explain the importance of self-care as a skill and identify ways to engage in this that work for participants;
- Name the stages of behaviour change and how to select appropriate strategies for each stage
- Identify how attitudes and values can impact on therapeutic relationships.
This training is delivered and facilitated by the Scottish Drugs Forum.
Where is the session?
Monday 6 & Tuesday 7 November 2017
09:30 - 16:30 - BOTH DAYS
Perth Riverside Church
How to book
CLICK HERE to book on Eventbrite
WE ANTICIPATE THIS TRAINING COURSE TO BE VERY POPULAR. THEREFORE A MAXIMUM OF TWO PEOPLE PER TEAM ONLY, TO BOOK ON THIS COURSE.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND REFRESHMENTS FOR THE TWO DAYS.